Thursday, April 24, 2008

Worms As Big As Your Foot


After a full day of drizzle and rain and a real cloudburst near the end of the day, my 8-year-old son and I came out of the high school where he'd just finished his Tae Kwon Do class, and found ourselves surrounded by more big worms than I've ever seen in my life. We had to walk carefully or we could easily have mashed one with every step. I couldn't resist taking this photo of his foot next to one of the giants. This was the largest in the immediate vicinity, but many others were nearly as big. Now, let's see, do I classify this as a wildlife post?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rob Hardy said...

Your photograph reminds me of this photograph that my nephew took recently of land leeches crawling on his sneaker while he was climbing a volcano in Indonesia.

Unknown said...

Land leeches? Eeeeeewwwww! Thank goodness for shoes.