Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Driveway Robin



This bright-eyed, boldly colored little fellow has been hanging around the court in front of my house lately. It may be he who has been singing so consistently from the oak tree by the side of the house, marking his breeding territory with the easy-to-recognize "cheerily, cheer up, cheer up, cheerily, cheer up." I assume it is a "he" due to the intensity of the brick-colored breast; females are very similar but not quite so strongly colored. I recognize this bird in particular because he seems a little on the scrawny side. Sometimes the scrappy little guys get the girl because they just try harder.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rob Hardy said...

I really have never seen so many robins as I have this spring. Yesterday, several dozen flew directly overhead, and this morning they were like leaves in some of the trees.